Cubibot, the world’s most compact 3D printer with cloud-printing capabilities, heated bed and a host of other features, received more than $648,000 from crowdfunding backers on Kickstarter – 12-times higher than its initial campaign goal.
Touting ease-of-use and an affordable price, the portable 3D printer with plug-and-play features moves on to Indiegogo InDemand as its campaign continues on the crowdfunding website.
“The entire Cubibot Team is gratified so see the outpouring of support among more than 2,000 backers on Kickstarter, and we expect that support will continue on Indiegogo,” said Cubibot Co-founder Aria Noorazar. “Cubibot offers the perfect combination of features for either professional and home-use, and we didn’t compromise on any features to achieve a very affordable price.”
Cubibot, which gives people the freedom to create their designs whether they’re already 3D printer pros or completely new to 3D printing, has a stylish design, with interchangeable side cover colors to give it a dynamic look that can fit with any home or office décor. It also has a compact size so it fits onto any tabletop.
Users can also print wirelessly from anywhere in the world with an Android or iOS device, can print any model through its web-based platform, and its heated bed allows printing with a wide range of materials.
- Fully automated smart self-leveling build platform for ease of use
- Filtered ventilation with replaceable filter for safer 3d printing
- Wi-Fi enabled for wireless connectivity
- Heated print bed to print with a wide range of materials
- Cloud-printing capabilities with cloud side slicing engine
- Plug-n-print. all you need to do is plug it in and click on print
- Modern design to match anyone’s individual lifestyle
- Prints in PLA, specialty PLAs, ABS, Nylon, and more
- Smart status notification provides project status at all times
- Easily accessible web-based platform
- Easy release (as bed cools down the printed part is easily removable)
- Android app for mobile use
- iOS app for mobile use
- No setup required
- High-temperature nozzle allows printing with more advanced materials
- Interchangeable side accent vibrant colors for a dynamic design
Printer Specifications are:
- Exterior dimensions are only 10″ x 10″ x 10″
- Print sizes: 5″ X 5″ X 5″, 125 Cubic inches
- Resolution: 50 – 300 microns
- Print Speeds up to 80 mm/s
- Software: Web based Web based platform
- Software Compatibility: Windows 7 and 8, Android, iOS, Mac
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Cloud, USB
Cubibot comes ready-loaded with CubiSoft, Cubibot’s easy-to-use Web-based software, for an out-of-the-box experience designed to be as simple or as comprehensive as necessary for 3D printing enthusiasts or everyday consumers. Once the design is uploaded from any local device or from Cubibot’s cloud servers, the software automatically positions the model for print. Users are then able to add, delete, or re-position their model. If happy with the design, they just click print.
The printer has a built-in, filtered ventilation system, a critical feature that many consumer 3D printers lack, which make it a safer 3D printer than non-filtered 3D printer. Users also have the option of disabling Cubibot’s heated bed at a click of a button for anyone who prefers to only use PLA for printing.
“With Cubibot, consumers, students, designers, and artists alike can experiment with new ideas and make technical prototypes,” Noorazar said. “We’re excited to introduce a product that makes 3D printing accessible to the masses and it does not require 3D printing expertise. If you can setup and use a regular printer, you can use Cubibot.”
To purchase Cubibot, which is continuing early-bird discounts during crowdfunding, or for more information, visit the Cubibot Campaign Page on Indiegogo InDemand.
Release source PRWeb.com